Sunday, July 13, 2008

Curious, but skeptical...

Perhaps this post title sounds a bit negative as a set-up to explain my reasons for embarking upon this new learning experience ;) However, it does sum up my current pre-conceptions!

Not one to follow trends just for the sake of it, I've been somewhat skeptical about the hype (and fervour) surrounding Web 2.0. But I'll also admit that it's inappropriate of me to be overly critical of something that I haven't really taken the time or effort to understand.

So, I'm taking this course to be a better critic ;) Just kidding... I see these applications cropping up all over, and I'd like to have some hands-on experience to judge their suitability to work/personal use. In perusing the online course material, I've already started to develop a better appreciation of what this technology has to offer -- and I look forward to exploring this further over the next several weeks!

4 comments:

Library Lady said...

I love that you're diving right into this with exactly the right attitude.

Good on ya, Zanet!

Library Lady said...

Ahhh!

I love your new banner!

Killer.

Shelley said...

I love your banner. Sooo creative. Is it difficult to do something like that? I have experience with creating webpages but would also like to try something like this!

planetzanet said...

Thanks, LL & Birdie! My very creative sibling helped to make it look as polished as it does! If you can work with design software, I think it'd be fairly easy to do -- but I can't say for sure, as my own ability was limited to coming up with some concept ideas! ;) The graphic is a jpg file, scaled to fit the dimensions of the template I'd chosen. Uploading is easy -- you just go into customize / layout / page elements, then "edit" the header. Good luck! :)