What an amazing shot!! I was impressed to see that it's a "real photo"; there's a lot on here that is obviously edited and/or "contrived".
In any case, there is certainly a lot to see on Flickr! But I must admit that I began to think it'd be good if it weren't quite so "open" -- or that the so-so shots were weeded out. But I suppose that's not the point ;)
I did find the experience somewhat mind-boggling -- the sheer volume, the various search features, the groups/sets, comments, etc. I'm not sure I'd use it, though maybe when I take the time to sort through some of my photos I may think differently; not sure who I'd share them with, but it might be interesting to see if they attract any feedback. I think it'd be a helpful resource in learning about style and composition and, once I look at the copyright stuff more closely, perhaps it might be a source of photos for graphic design work.
As for usefulness to the library, it's hard to say. Perhaps photos could be assembled for a visual tour of the facilities? But when I think of library services, it would seem that YouTube -- "moving pictures" and sound -- might be a more useful tool. Perhaps I'm thinking too narrowly...
PS I noticed that Flickr pro has a video uploads feature, so perhaps Flickr can be used similarly to YouTube??
2 comments:
Hey, thanks for viewing and commenting on my blog. I enjoyed yours and want to visit regularily!
Hey, how'd you do the funky picture with the planet and blog title?
Thanks, Tambourini! If you don't know how to upload, please check out the comments on my first blog post where I described how to do this. When it comes to the actual graphics, while I hate to admit it, I had a lot of help! I came up with an idea but my sister made it look good ;)
Post a Comment